Sunday, October 10, 2010

661060

This is a rather late intro to my participation in Frocktober

Crystal pocket dress by Arnsdorf

Frocktober is a “festive fundraising initiative” in support of the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. Anyone may take up a frock-related challenge during the month of October, seeking financial sponsorship for her/his efforts, which is passed on to the OCRF to aid the organisation’s ongoing work (more info available via the links).

It seems like a really good/simple idea, and I made a quick decision to take part - my idea was to do some sketches with the aim of exchanging them for donations.

Let's Be Frank shirt dress by High Tea with Mrs Woo

For every day of the month of October, there will be a drawing of a different dress. The first seven are finally done, as you see here … As I go, I’ll continue to photograph the sketches and post them at this blog. I’m also going to pin them up on the front wall of our shop, Milly Sleeping.

Zig-saw dress by Hua

If you happen to see one that you would like to keep, I would love to do a swap with you (on behalf of the OCRF)… My suggestion is a donation of $10 but it is up to you to nominate the amount you are able to give.

You may reserve the sketch of your choice by leaving a comment attached to the relevant post, or by emailing me (leah@millysleeping.com or leahandned@gmail.com), or by visiting Milly Sleeping. The drawings are numbered here for identification purposes but the number doesn't actually appear on the drawing. A red 'R.' that appears next to any of the numbers will mean that the sketch is currently reserved.

Sunday dress by Lonely Hearts

You may either entrust your donation to me, or you can donate online (via the Frocktober page), or I can send you details so that you can do an online transfer or send a cheque/money order. If you are donating independently, pleasepleaseplease quote my registration number – 661060.

Donations of more than $2 are tax deductible and you will receive a receipt directly from the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. Please understand that I will need to view all receipts before passing on the sketches and can make no exception to this condition. If possible, I would like to keep the drawings as a group until the end of Frocktober.

Stay Awake dress by Kuwaii

“It's not an auction” … and I say this, A/ because it is a very funny line from Reality Bites and, B/ because I will not be accepting ‘higher bids’ for any of the sketches – once one has been reserved, I will consider it reserved until at least October 31 (… you are very welcome to email me and leave your details in case the first sponsor doesn’t follow through).

Joey shirt dress by Limedrop

I won’t be able to produce one per day but I will be producing one for every day (31 total). Each of the sketches is a date-stamped original - grey-lead and watercolour, on A5 watercolour card.

Huntsman dress by Romance Was Born

If I’ve left anything out or you have a question, please feel free to send me a note or leave a gentle comment below. Too many words today - but in my next post I'll tell you the names and designers of dresses one through seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment