Tuesday, September 28, 2010

workworkworkworkwork

I have always wanted to go to Boston, because my mum enjoyed being there in the Winter, and thus Boston is perennially lovely and snow-covered in my mind. This want has suddenly become urgent as there is a Charles LeDray exhibition at the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston.

* * *

"In the world of small miracles, I discovered that one of my former students, Charles LeDray, has become famous!"

* * *

"Charles LeDray is primarily self-taught, although he attended art school in Seattle and worked as a museum guard at the Seattle Art Museum, both briefly."

* * *

"In the age of mechanical art production, the intensity of such a personal working method might be thought to imply madness, or, at the very least, cultural naivete."

No comments:

Post a Comment